Somehow I was under the misconception that being a SAHM would give me ridiculously large amounts of time to update this blog. Poor Henry has not received his due amount of pictures and attention on this blog; Nicky either for that matter. Henry is almost 1 year old-when the heck did that happen?! He is seriously the most easygoing, laid back child anybody has ever seen. He is happy sitting and watching every move his brothers make, and when the opportunity easily presents itself, he dives in, grabs whatever toy has captured their attention for the moment and crawls away as fast as he can. Brilliant baby. Poor Nicky broke his leg a couple of weeks ago jumping off of our king size bed into a pack and play. Boys. He's taken it like a champ though, and I caught him scooting himself off of the couch today and "walking" across the living room. You just can't keep little man down. We took away his pacifier during the day, and who knew?! The kid can talk! He came into the kitchen the other day after months of saying a handful of words "clearly" as Alex and I were making dinner and said, "What are you guys making?" So yes, Alex and I are single-handedly responsible for holding our 2 year old back from having an expansive vocabulary. Awesome. Johnny makes me laugh so hard every day with his classic one-liners. My mom suggested I start writing them down so that I don't forget them, so here are just a few favorites from the last couple weeks.
"Mom, I really want to be a garbage man when I grow up, but I'm not a brown amigo!"-Whoops.
"Nick, when the doctor comes in-make sure you tell him that you ONLY drink milk at home and eat lots of vegetables; that's what mommy likes us to say." -Again, whoops.
He graduates from 3K tomorrow. I would normally be the first in line to proclaim how totally lame and pointless a celebration like that is, but it's my child. So the tradition is brilliant and timeless-let's have a graduation for every year. Alex had a meeting scheduled for the afternoon that was changed to the morning, so he has to miss it. He was really bummed and made me PROMISE to get the entire 5 minute ceremony on camera. So all I need to do is make sure that my 2 year old stays in his chair and doesn't break his other leg, make sure the almost 1 year old doesn't crawl up and join his brother in for the goodbye song and keep the camera on Johnny the whole time. Piece of cake.
How precious is this face?
"Baby" Henry
Johnny boy-4 years old
I just feel that this picture encompasses his "boyness."
Ever the trooper




Your boys are so freaking beautiful. Not just handsome but beautiful! I want to meet them and squeeze them and steal them!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I don't know how I missed this post two weeks ago (probably because I'm super behind on my blog as well!), but it's great. I agree with Christy, your boys are beautiful! I almost LOL'ed at "Brown Amigo", but had to control myself because everyone in the house is asleep! Oh, the things we hope they never repeat outside of the house! Hahaha. And I am totally going to be that sappy mom at all of the graduations, too. "It's my child...So the tradition is brilliant"! Love it :)
ReplyDelete