Sunday, July 5, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation...

Alex, Charlotte, Johnny and I all piled in the car to drive up to Sioux Falls to celebrate my parents' 25th Wedding Anniversary. We were so glad that we could be here to celebrate this accomplishment! We have been here for about a week, and have been having a great time! On the first day we were here, I put Johnny on the floor and asked my brothers to teach him how to sit up...an hour later he knew how! He is so much happier now, and likes it when we put him on the floor to play. We spent the 4th up at Brandt Lake with some friends, and shot off fireworks for a couple of hours. Johnny sat on Grandma's lap and was happy the entire time, until he fell asleep. He wasn't bothered by the loud explosions at all! I was though, and kept bugging my brothers to move further down the road. We will be leaving at the end of this week, and are going to stay put at home until we see Nana and Grandpa later this year. Enjoy the tons of picutres! It's all about Johnny...

All clean!

He had decided to skip the sippy cup...


Playing with Uncle Will
Hi bright eyes!
He is still teething on pickles...


He made it quite clear what he thought of his red, white and blue ensemble for the 4th of July.
Alex and I took Johnny to see the falls of Sioux Falls; the weather was beautiful!
He was attracted by the planes flying overhead.



Enjoying the fireworks and a bottle with Grandma

Will and I after the big finale!
Chris, Mom and Johnny
Johnny and our family friend, Jen.
...and prunes are a big winner!

Will and Johnny taking an afternoon nap
Showing off his mad sitting up skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment